Saturday, January 04, 2014

2013 continued some more

July

A long weekend in Bangkok. Ant (back with the beard again) enjoyed wearing crazy trousers at the Royal Palace. Apparently wearing trousers with flames and tigers on them is far more respectful than wearing a pair of shorts.

 

A cycle ride through dark temples and the night flower market was great… as was the street food.

IMG_6606 IMG_6636 IMG_6650

 

August

The entertainment in the North Korean restaurant in Yangon was entertaining in a random way… the Myanmar kickboxing was very brutal

  IMG_6710

 

September

Not being shy of a holiday (clearly) we headed off to Bali and Lombok. Ant made it to the summit of Mt Rinjani. I came fairly close… but couldn’t quite face several house of climbing a steep shale ridge before sunrise. Looks like the view was worth the pain.

 IMG_6912

I also did a fair bit of travel with work. Highlight was meeting this mini lady in northern Shan state. Or perhaps I am actually a giant? This was taken after I slipped down a long muddy slope, much to the horror of my immaculately dressed colleagues.

IMG_6959

Then it was on to Ant’s birthday…

IMG_0459

 

October

Amazingly we were able to renew the contract on our apartment. So we have another year of looking out onto the golden Shwedagon.

IMG_7218

My birthday. I miss  these lovely people!

Happy birthday Telf

No comments: